Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Favourite Things of 2018

Hey!
How is it the end of 2018? There are nine days left and as per usual I do posts about the past 365 days of favourite things. This year is no exception except maybe the fact that the list won't be completely made up of materialistic things, I decided to add in some events that really were highlights of 2018 for me.

Bullet Journal

I started my own bullet journal on the 8th of January and to say it has been a journey since I started it is true. I have made several posts on here about it and I hope to do a lot more next year. I didn't think I would enjoy doing it this much but I love planning and creating spreads for each month. I feel like at the start I tried to be more maximalist and now my style of bullet journalling is definitely more refined especially since I don't have as much time to do it. I suppose I should really mention the functionality as it is supposed to keep you organised and I will say it has. I love having a place to write any random important things and events that I won't forget. I have already got my bullet journal for 2019 and I'm looking forward to using that one for the year.

Taylor Swift Reputation Stadium Tour

This concert had to make a feature as I still remember it very fondly as Ms Swift is one of my favourite singers. This concert also meant a lot to me as it signified the end of a horrendous school year and from that time on my life could start back again. The concert was amazing what more can I say except that, the stage, the costumes, the music, the frills were all outstanding and though it wasn't my most favourite era, the concert made it better. Also, I am hyped for the documentary to come out on Netflix.

Debs and Yule Ball

Two firsts, my first Debs (prom) and my first college ball, Yule. Both were pretty similar as it was an occasion to dress up fancy and have a good time with friends. It was nice to experience both sides of attending a Ball attending it and organising it. I really enjoyed both, organising it was pretty stressful though even though I didn't play a huge role in it. They are both really fond memories with my secondary school friends at Debs and some of my college friends at the Yule Ball.

Lush Shampoo Bars

Probably the best decision I made this year for my hair and for the environment was to get a shampoo bar. I bought Jason & the Argon Oil in February and it still is on the go though, it has broken into a few pieces. I didn't use it during the heatwave in Ireland as it couldn't handle the extra sweat. I love the smell, if you like Rose Jam at all, it is the exact same scent. I find it makes my hair feel really soft and clean and oddly enough my hair is quicker to dry when I use this shampoo. Jason and the Argan Oil has been reformulated so I don't know what the new one is like but hopefully Lush haven't altered it too much as I have nothing bad to say about it. At the moment I am currently using Godiva as I left my other shampoo bar in Cork for the Christmas.

Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser

Why can't Aldi get their crap together and make this a permanent item! The whole beauty community goes mental when they release it for a limited time and also, I've nearly ran out so I would really love if they would do another restock of it soon. I use this every night to remove the last stubborn bits of my makeup and to cleanse my skin. It feels so much more luxurious than the price and some compare it to the Liz Earle Cleanser but I can't confirm that as I haven't tried it.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance

This is the palette that has slowly gotten me into colour and introduced me to my new favourite eyeshadow colour: orange. I have dabbled in most of the shades but I definitely need to do some more experimenting with Modern Renaissance. I love how long lasting the eyeshadows are especially for someone with hooded eyes, a lot of eyeshadows don't last or don't last a full day or night like MR does. I see why it was a cult classic a few years ago as it has really helped me to branch into colour.

What are your favourite things of 2018?

Thanks for being awesome,


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar