I have been trying to get "all the things done" while the weather is nice but I know I won't get it all done. My mulch has not arrived and it was supposed to arrive Friday. There's no tracking for some reason and I can't seem to contact anyone....woe is me! The tomatoes are coming in.....all 10 of them...lol! But I will enjoy them and have some BLT's for sure! I have Roma's and I'm not sure what the big one is.
I went to mail something the other day and there was a stick bug on the flag! They are so amazing.
Monday we had a near freeze.....35 F............but now it's going back into the high 70's low 80's during the day and 40's at night..........so no REAL freeze yet......I did bring in my house plants and the herbs except the basil.........the houseplants did really well outside this summer.
I brought in my rosemary, thyme and cilantro too. It's been chilly in the morning so after I make the bed Miss Peeps climbs under the covers..........LOL!
I joined Becki's (Field Lilies) minimalist de-cluttering where you start October 1st and every day you get rid of that number of things. After I joined I realized you couldn't count things you were throwing out...well, bummer because that is a big part of mine. So, I'm just doing it my way....lol! For October 1st I got rid of the doorknob that broke and all the pieces...........
Today was the twice yearly "junk day" where the garbage people will pick up anything so I got rid of an old T.V. box (huge) and an old sump pump. I have no pictures of those but that's October 2nd. I'm behind so I will have to catch up but that's a start anyway.
Monday was Book Date and I'm behind on that too but here's my status on my reading..........I have read 36 of 75 books and I am 21 books behind schedule. I did finish a book.......a non-fiction book on Samplers and I learned some things!
I'm still reading Nancy Drew's Mysterious Letter but I'm almost done.........unfortunately Thrift Books had no more Nancy Drew books available.........I may have to order new ones
For my non-fiction I am reading Adventures in Yarn Farming and it is very good and there are beautiful photographs too
Since I couldn't get anymore Nancy Drew books I got the 2nd book in the Kopp Sister's mystery series which is really historical fiction as it is based on a real person and events. I'll start it after I finish Nancy Drew's Mysterious Letter.
Yesterday I made my menu and grocery list and ordered groceries. I picked them up this morning and they are all disinfected and put away except produce which still needs to be done and is out in the garage.
Here's my menu for the next couple weeks or more........
For breakfast's I rotate among the following:
coco wheats
egg mcmuffin (homemade)
sourdough pancakes
and this week I'll be making an old recipe; Swedish Puff Pastry
and a new recipe; chocolate orange over-night oats
plus I got some non-dairy yogurt
I don't always eat "lunch" per se but I do like an afternoon snack or something so here they are
egg salad on my homemade bread toasted
tuna salad on an English muffin with cheese and tomato open faced and put under the broiler
basil and tomato salad with mozarella
popcorn
homemade crackers
falafel and dip
cheese straws
apple slices with peanut butter
For suppers I'm making
Far Side of 50's Rigatoni Hotdish....she posted about it and it sounded so good!
Linguini, broccoli and pasta with pinenuts and feta cheese
Mditerranean roasted vegetables
For desserts...again, trying to eat healthier except for the Fall items
apple cider doughnuts (homemade)
caramel apples (homemade)
Bliss Balls
I think that's about it.....you're all caught up for the most part!
Happy Trails!!!

0 Yorumlar