T-SHIRTS
Bed coverings/afghans are adorable made from old t-shirts. I made one a few Christmas's ago for a niece from her sport shirts she had collected over the years (she was a volleyball player). She absolutely adored it. I used a fleece baking on it.
For some reason (you know me!), I kept the other side of all those shirts. Later when she was going to have a baby, I made a baby quilt from them. Talk about surprised.
Blankies can be made from any collection of shirts - sports, work, religious, hobby, etc. They are so extremely easy to make.
Pillows could be made the same way - using only one or two t-shirts.
Of course t-shirts can become rags, and I always cut up several old ones into hankies (about 15 x 15). I don't buy Kleenex. I use t-shirt hankies, as they are so soft on the nose. (G uses TP)
I also cut strips to use as sweat bands in the summer.
They are great to cut up and use as plant ties (tomatoes) - as they stretch some.
I love the look of eternity scarves that can be simply made from a t-shirt (no sew). They can be cut into tank tops and used as cover-ups when painting or working in the garden. An old yet big t-shirt is great to give little ones to cover them up when finger painting!
Cut like this, they also make great re-usable grocery bags. They are quite strong.
JEANS
Old jeans can be cut and made into bed coverings/afghans as well. They are so cute. Use a variety of jeans and all your squares will be different shades of blue. This would make cute pillows as well.
I have made many a purse in my day for younger nieces from old jeans. I added buttons, glitter, maybe a piece of costume jewelry, etc. and they were so cute. I always made a lining as well.
Jeans can be made into other clothing items as well. I remember back in the day, making a long skirt from old jeans - I was quite the hippy then! They are great as skirts and aprons.
I just see potential for all kinds a fun Christmas gifts.
I might make some pot holders as well - make it a set! (Belt loops would make great hanging loops for pot holders)
If you don't have any of your own jeans to use, go to thrift stores/yard sales and buy the cheapest ones you can find. It doesn't matter if the knees are torn out or if there is fraying or anything. That adds character.
I have seen storage bags made from a heavy piece of denim or canvas, that is covered with back pockets from jeans. These are generally hung by a rod. They could store small kid's toys, health and beauty items, small packets for the pantry - you name it.
What creative ideas do you have for re-using your old t-shirts and jeans?
Let us know. I am really trying to think ahead on craft projects for next Christmas. Maybe we can all get creative and help each other save some CASH!!!!!!

0 Yorumlar