I have a confession. I'm in all out Christmas mode. I know it's wrong. I'm properly ashamed. I shouldn't even be admitting it in public, but the thing is, I'm planning an ornament crafting party for some super creative friends for December 1st.
This is the invitation I sent out this past weekend.
That means November is all about party prep for me. Well, party prep and kitchen finishing but those are basically the only things I can think about this month. On top of that, it is my goal to be done with Christmas shopping by December 1st. Come December I am just going to savor the moments and spend a lot of time in my studio tossing glitter. I think glitter tossing should be an Olympic event.
My life lately has been a cycle of painting, creating, shopping and dreaming. I'm in such a creatively juiced up state that I can't make it through the night without waking up and putting some random idea in my phone. It's always a treat in the morning to see what ideas inspired me in the night. Here is what has been waking me up for the last few nights:
Heavy on the hanky ideas, no? I'm so weird. Speaking of weird, here's a typical exchange between me and my sweet hubby:
If you saw Ricky Gervais on The View the other day you might understand. I love a funny man. Good thing I married one.
In other news, here's a pretty updated picture of the kitchen. I swear I walked into this space yesterday morning and thought, I love it! I love my kitchen! I couldn't believe I thought it, but I did. I would never have imagined loving it before we could gut it but here I am loving it anyway. I hope we will be completely (ish) done in the next week and a half.
I feel like I'm leaving stuff out but there is so much going on around here right now I can barely keep up. All good stuff though. I'm seriously just overflowing with the day to day joy. Tomorrow is a big day for my big girl. I can't wait to come back her and tell you more about it. Let me just say that those of you who are struggling with raising a teenager might especially be inspired by her story. She inspires me to the moon and back.
In the meantime you can find me
here on Instagram where I am much better at being present on a semi regular basis!
0 Yorumlar