Dr. Theresa always says that when the moustache is absent you know it's going to be a serious
Burt Reynolds movie. And such was the case with HUSTLE, though Burt's first line is a misleadingly innocuous and wholesome request for a glass of
milk. But HUSTLE was rough stuff!
Eddie Albert -
Oliver Douglas of GREEN ACRES fame - plays a sleazy, murderous lawyer (though I do want his yachting outfit, seen above), but the casting gets weirder than that. Includes
Fred Willard, old-timey comic (and
mortal enemy of Robert Goulet's son-in-law) Jack Carter, and (
spoiler alert) in a last-minute surprise of the
downer kind for which the
1970s are famous (though you can guess it from the beginning, as we did, from the way Burt stares longingly at the picture calendar of
Rome on his dirty office wall - "He's never getting to Rome!" Dr. Theresa and I both cried simultaneously), the guy who played Freddie Krueger, typecast already, typecast before the fact, the eternally typecast Freddie Krueger, ladies and gentlemen. Incorporates some of
the weirder visual effects of SUPERDAD while anticipating
Paul Schrader's HARDCORE. A possible inspiration for the
Robin Williams episode of the TV series
HOMICIDE. I guess I am saying if you like SUPERDAD, HARDCORE, and HOMICIDE, check out HUSTLE! That's a blurb. Chock full of
MOBY-DICK allusions!
0 Yorumlar