Children recently prepared for their first day back to school, but I prepared for my first day back to work on Saturday, the 12th. We welcomed 34 guests to Afternoon Tea at the Whitney, so we're off to a great start. I've decided I did far too much sitting while scanning and editing those 1,200 old photos, viewing countless negatives, and creating five Shutterfly albums during the five months I was off on COVID-19 shutdown. In short, I really got out of shape! I made it through Saturday just fine, but my legs have been protesting ever since! Muscles were used that have been inactive. I love my job for several reasons, and one is exercise.
My hubby took my picture before I left for work on Saturday morning [just like I used to do for my kids on their first day of school! ;-)]. My top looks sparkly, but it's really tiny white polka-dots.
I ordered a new pair of black semi-dress Clarks shoes with underfoot cushion for comfort and a 1-inch heel, but they're not comfortable when standing/walking for 4 1/2 hours non-stop on mosaic tiled floors. I ordered myself a pair of black nurse's shoes this morning!
And the newest accessory... face masks. I've tried four different styles, and all of them fog my glasses. They make me sweat too, but I know they're necessary so I'll work through the challenge. Below is the one I bought to wear on Saturday.
I thought it was ironic when I saw the inside tab that said 'made in China'. The country responsible for spreading the COVID-19 virus around the world is now profiting by selling face masks! If I would have known it was made in China before I purchased it, I wouldn't have bought it!
I also saw the picture below of a 3-D mural of teacups about to topple over painted on the side of a building in Helsingborg, Sweden by a street artist. It was posted on Afternoon Tea Across America's Facebook page yesterday. Love the creativity!









0 Yorumlar