Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bag Making

Hello.. thanks for stopping in for a visit.  I have been working on a 2nd "Lucy Bag" using the design by Lucy at Attic24 blog.  I am using the Premier Home cotton yarn I got a while back.  I was wondering how tall I was going to make it and for this photo I put a bag of fiberfil inside it and I realize that this would be a perfect size right now!  I will do a shell border and some long handles.  I'll show you how it turns out.  I think I will take this to New Orleans with me for a shopping bag.  :-)


I forgot to show you this photo - both of our grandsons had their birthday last week.  Caleb turned 6 and Hayden turned 7 - this was at Hayden's birthday dinner and they sang happy birthday to them both.  In my last post about Easter I showed the boys opening gifts and a question was posed - do we give gifts for Easter in the USA?  So, I wanted to clarify that we had a combination Easter and Birthday party here.  :-)


I found a few more ceramic bunnies on Etsy - :-)  Time to put them away until next year but I thought I'd show you the new girls.. one is knitting and one is sweeping.  Aren't they cute?  I actually keep them in my china cabinet among the dishes, so I get to see them all year.


My daughter Amy sent me this cute photo of my 2 granddaughters in the new Easter dresses she made for them.  It looks like they each got a stuffed animal too.  We hope to see them in July, I can't wait! 


Now - I want to tell you that when Dayle retired I insisted he get a colonoscopy while we were still on his work insurance - he'd never had one.  Long story short, they found cancer, performed surgery a week later to remove it, got it before it spread and it saved his life.  He had a follow-up procedure yesterday and they removed 3 polyps (those are the things that can turn to cancer).  The reason I am telling you this story is that if you have never had a colonoscopy - please get one, especially if you're over 50 or have a history of any colon cancer in your family.  THERE ARE NO SYMPTOMS IN THE EARLY STAGES.  

OK, time to pack my swim bag and head out.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar