Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Round-up of Stuff

I am going to try and do a little life documenting. I am going to start with little Tucker's costume last week. I didn't go out to Destin to see it, but I had seen him in it.

Tigger aka Tucker


He didn't actually go anywhere. Just watched the kids come to his house.



Sickness descended on the family in the form of a stomach virus last week. It may be one of the worst ever!!! IT started with me throwing up Wednesday before lunch and calling Lindsay to let her know she needed to come get Tucker. She said she was not feeling too good just as I called her. Well, before the day was out she, Tyler, and Jeff had all succumbed to this madness. Paul Allen didn't come near out house. I was so worried about Mother, but she is still sick free thus far. Honestly, none of us felt good until Sunday. 

I did make to the Auburn game on Saturday night.

Enough about sickness...Auburn was beautiful as the weather changed and it was the first socks, long sleeves, scarves, etc. of this season. It happened quickly. In fact, it was cold at the game and I had to layer up to stay warm enough.

Today was warmer again though. I have enjoyed the cooler temps and now it is the usual ---one day  cold and one day warm. Better check the weather before you go outside.

Now, I need to document some yard gardening because I have changed things up and need to keep up with how things work or not work.

The side flower pots have been redone and I added one more thing on Sunday evening.



The above pot has white pansies, a fern, some violas, and some lamb's ear. The lamb's ear was my addition. I purchased it in Auburn at the Ace Hardware. I have been looking everywhere for it after seeing it on Instagram. I eagerly watch James T. Farmer's Friday stories. His home is south central Georgia is known as Farmdale (a beautiful home in rural Georgia). He does a gardening post on Fridays called Farmdale Fridays. I have learned so much from this Auburn alum and horticulture major. I wanted to try this plant for the winter here.



Two of the plants are like above and the other three have dianthus and dusty miller in them. They are beginning to look alive. I have some other pots that I keep on the wall behind them. This way I can leave some things in from year to year for certain seasons.  The past two summers have been hard on anything planted hence...empty pots for the most part behind the wall. Next summer, I am planning to go back to Lillies of the Nile. 

Moving along to the front. My new plants in the ground are doing great. We did this on both areas on either side of the front door. I am loving the new look. I am glad that I chose to pull up the roses.

Do you see the real pups in the window? I had just come back from a walk with Tucker minus them. They were waiting on us.


The front door pots along the wall are slowly popping out and I filled in some gaps with some new plants. 



I haven't planted anything in the swan planters in years, but I am trying them again. I have some ornamental mustard and dusty miller in them. We will see how they do. One gets very little water due to the eaves of the house and the other gets almost too much, so doing them the same may not be a great idea.


The lemon tree is loaded and should be ripe for picking next month.


 A little change up in the dining room for Thanksgiving decor.


With all the sickness and out of town, stitching is going on but at a slow pace.

That is all I have for tonight.
Sandy




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar