Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A new hat and more cowls


My lovely friend Taci has recently been making some wonderful hats and posted about them on her blog.  I was looking for an easy hat pattern and this hat fit all my requirements perfectly.  Meet the Simple Slouch Hat by Robyn Devine.  It is very fun and fast to make.  I can see why Taci has gone hat crazy lately. 


 I made this as another gift for my friend Lynda.  She is getting the woven towels and dishcloths, the  green slippers, and a cowl and a hat for Christmas.  When I paired the hat with the cowl I was sure surprised, look at how awful they look together even though they are both made from Malabrigo Rios Archangel in the same dye lot.  This simple was not going to do. 


I was lucky to have one more skein of the Archangel and whipped this new cowl up.  It looks a bit better and I am hoping it will look even better when they are not put so close together.  Funny how the colors are so different.  And really I think the difference in knitting and crochet accentuate the color differences so much don't you?  I will keep the top cowl for a gift for a therapist or friend and give the bottom cowl to Lynda.


Remember this is the Earth Fairy Button Cowl by Jennifer at Fiber Flux.  It is so fast to make and I think it makes a very fun present.  You see all that yarn I bought on my trip is almost used up already.  I have started on the Ohio State scarf, I might have one more of these cowls to make and then the gift knitting/crochet will be over for the season.  Hooray!!!  Back to some sanity in my life if that is possible.

This weekend, besides a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family, I took our Christmas photo, ordered Christmas cards and got all decorated for the Holidays, well minus the tree that is.  I was on a mission to get it all up and out of the way so when I returned to work after a few days off I would not be even more overwhelmed with Holiday stuff.  I have about 2/3 of my shopping done, I am getting ready to ship a few items.  I am trying so hard to be on top of things this Season.  Normally I am a Christmas grouch, maybe if I am ahead of the game this year I will feel better once the big day comes.  This is not my favorite time of year like it is for so many.  To be honest I usually feel so overwhelmed by it all and by the time Christmas Day arrives I am just downright exhausted.  I am trying to be better and enjoy the moment, but it is so hard with so much added stuff to do with the Holidays. 

My computer has had a bad virus, so hopefully it has not affected your ability to visit me because it sure has affected my ability to visit you and leave comments.  It has had a home visit by the computer doctor and is now on the mend.  I hope to catch up with you all soon.

I am off to knit with friends this evening.  What are you up to?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar