Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Charles Dickens & Sheet Music Christmas



I've been wanting to create a "Top Hat",
ever since falling in love with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.
What better time than Christmas.
I have decorated mine in a Charles Dicken's Steam-Punk style,
but plan to change that to a mad hatter this Spring.




I have always loved sheet music,
and today you are seeing so many wonderful crafts
using it  . . . that I am excited about finding 
more and more ways to create with it. 



This was a lot of fun to make :)
I'm going to put it in my Christmas booth,
but if I don't sell it,
I'll be hanging it in my living-room.

 


I made some of these lapel clips,
to add to my booth.
 


This is the back :)



This is my Sugar Plum Fairy.
I had tutorial photos, but deleted them by mistake.
Her body is a Styrofoam store dress display
 that I bought at a yard sale a few years ago for $3.
Her ballerina dress was a prom dress from the Goodwill.
I shortened it and then used the tulle 
under-lining on top of the shirt, to give it a ballerina look.
Next I purchased this big old ugly lamp for $6 at a second-hand
 store and used it as the base of my stand.  
Viola, A Sugar Plum Fairy :) 



Here are some photos on how I made my top hat.
I wanted it bigger at the top than at the crown.
 So, I stapled my poster board on an angle.


Next I evened out the top and bottom.



Then I made my brim out of a cardboard box. 
 
 
Taped everything together and added foil
 for a rounded edge on my brim.


 Next I went over the whole hat with a mixture of glue and toilet paper.
 


After painting it flat black.
I just added my scrapbook trim.
I wish that I would have had real gears and old watches,
but this will have to do.

I hope you enjoyed your visit.
I've been very busy with my booth
and haven't replied to a lot of your comments, 
but I am reading and enjoying them all.

My next post will be the details of my Give-Away,
so, be sure a come back and enter :)

God Bless you all,
Connie
Posted by Picasa

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar