Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Long night

 I had the best of intentions yesterday.  Planed on a bit of wiring, then a little work on the Tumico Tragedy.  But got an emergency handed to me.

I lieu of real work, here's another project.  It will be coming up in the future.

I plan to make a print of this, if I can get some expert help from a mentor.

I give you..... beauty in form and function:





It is a good taper turning attachment to the little Logan 200.  Mr. Garcia had started on making one of his own, and it's on the back of the lathe.  I haven't had the heart to remove it.  Sentimental I guess.  But, it's heading out, now that the real deal is here. 

The man that I got it from showed me some of his work.  A machinist for over 35 years, he reconditions machine tools to better than new.  It was amazing to get a guided tour of the shop.  Here's a taste of his work and a finger nail couldn't discover the edges:


Sometimes, you find the neatest people that will surprise you with their talent, skill and vision.




















Another ED visit.  Late into the night.  I'm a bit "grudo" this morning.  Down in south Texas that means "raw", although normally used to describe hung over.  It wasn't Al K. Hall, it was a long, hard push last night.  Where does energy come from when you're whipped at 1900 and you run at max smoke until 0230?  Man oh man, grudo.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar